UNITED WAY OF LAMAR COUNTY PROVIDES
FREE TAX PREPARATION!
The United Way of Lamar County will partner again with the IRS to offer the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. The site is located at the United Way of Lamar County, 2340 Lamar Avenue, Paris, TX 75460, and volunteers will begin preparing taxes on Saturday, January 27, 2018. The VITA site will be open M-F from 9am-4pm and Saturdays from 9 am – 3 pm, through tax season. APPOINTMENT REQUIRED.
IRS-trained and tested volunteers are ready to help lower-income taxpayers with income under $54,000, prepare their returns and claim the tax credits they deserve.
People should come prepared with the following items:
• Valid driver’s license or photo identification (self & spouse, if applicable)
• Social Security cards for all persons listed on the return
• Dates of birth for all persons listed on the return
• All income statements: Forms W-2, 1099, Social Security, Unemployment, or other benefits statements, self-employment records and any documents showing taxes withheld
• Dependent child care information: payee’s name, address and SSN or TIN
• Proof of account at financial institution for direct debit or deposit (i.e. cancelled/voided check or bank statement)
• Prior year tax return (if available)
• Any other pertinent documents or papers
To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
For more information contact your United Way of Lamar County, at (903) 784-6642, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org