RENTAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
The United Way of Lamar County has a limited Rental Assistance program based on need and funding availability for residents of Lamar County only. Assistance is provided based on need without discrimination of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Assistance cannot exceed one full month’s rent. If another agency has assisted with the client’s rent or mortgage in the past six months, the client is not eligible for funds through this program. This program does not assist with household rental deposits or pet deposits.
In addition to a completed and signed application by the tenant and landlord, the following information will need to be submitted when returning your application. We will make copies of the information once provided.
Þ Photo ID
Þ Your lease or mortgage (application must be completed by the tenant on the lease)
Þ Verification of each household members income for the past 30 days
Þ Child support verification report
Þ SSI or SSDI income verification letter
Þ Any documentation that supports your need for assistance such as police reports or medical records.
Applications for RENTAL ASSISTANCE may be picked up at the United Way office, located at 2340 Lamar Avenue. Applications open on the 20th of each month until the end of the month and are processed on the last Friday and first Friday of the month only. You will be notified if your application has been accepted and if your rent will be assisted either partially or in full.
UTILITY ASSISTANCE - Call 903-784-6642 - phone screenings for assistance with water, gas and electric bills to those who qualify.
Utility Assistance Policy – United Way of Lamar County
- Must live in Lamar County
- Must have children under 18 in the home, be over the age of 60 and/or have a current medical crisis (cancer, surgery, hospitalization, etc)
- Must either be in Charity Tracker or meet income level guidelines of Co-Ministry. If children not in Charity Tracker, must bring birth certificate to UWLC office to verify.
- Assistance is offered based on need and can only receive $500 in assistance over a three year period.
- Cannot receive assistance twice in a 12 month period
- Bill must be either past due, service disconnected or within 7 days of due date.
- You cannot receive utility assistance if we have given rental assistance in past 2 years