UNITED WAY OF LAMAR COUNTY PROVIDES
FREE TAX PREPARATION
You can save a lot of money when you file your Federal Taxes for FREE!
Visit MyFreeTaxes.com which is provided in partnership with the United Way and powered by H & R BLOCK
If you made less than $66,000 in 2020 you can do your taxes online on a computer, smart phone or tablet for free at MyFreeTaxes.com.
If you make less than $56,000 you may be eligible for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) free tax preparation program. VITA assistance will be available Monday' and Fridays beginning February 22nd until March 29, 2021 from 9am-3pm by appointment only.
To Paricipate in VITA You Will Need:
• Valid driver’s license or photo identification (self & spouse, if applicable)
• Social Security cards for all persons listed on the return
• Dates of birth for all persons listed on the return
• All income statements: Forms W-2, 1099, Social Security, Unemployment, or other benefits statements, self-employment records and any documents showing taxes withheld
• Dependent child care information: payee’s name, address and SSN or TIN
• Proof of account at financial institution for direct debit or deposit (i.e. cancelled/voided check or bank statement)
• Prior year tax return (if available)
• Any other pertinent documents or papers
To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
For more information contact your United Way of Lamar County, at (903) 784-6642,
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org