UNITED WAY OF LAMAR COUNTY PROVIDES
FREE TAX PREPARATION
You can save a lot of money when you file your Federal Taxes for FREE!
Visit MyFreeTaxes.com which is provided in partnership with the United Way and powered by H & R BLOCK
If you made less than $66,000 in 2017 you can do your taxes online on a computer, smart phone or tablet for free at MyFreeTaxes.com.
If you need help, call 1-855-698-9435 (English & Spanish)
If you don't have a computer, come use one of ours! Call the United Way office at 903-784-6642 to schedule a time to use our computers and receive some assistance.
If you make less than $54,000 you may be eligible for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) free tax preparation program. VITA assistance will be available M-F from 9am-3pm by appointment only.
To Paricipate in VITA You Will Need:
• Valid driver’s license or photo identification (self & spouse, if applicable)
• Social Security cards for all persons listed on the return
• Dates of birth for all persons listed on the return
• All income statements: Forms W-2, 1099, Social Security, Unemployment, or other benefits statements, self-employment records and any documents showing taxes withheld
• Dependent child care information: payee’s name, address and SSN or TIN
• Proof of account at financial institution for direct debit or deposit (i.e. cancelled/voided check or bank statement)
• Prior year tax return (if available)
• Any other pertinent documents or papers
To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
For more information contact your United Way of Lamar County, at (903) 784-6642, or by e-mail: email@example.com